If you're born in the 80s, (But I think it applies to 90s too, so I took it down)
You would remember:
You grew up watching He-man, MASK, Transformers, Silver Hawk and Mickey Mouse, Ninja turtles, Carebears, Robocop, My Little Pony and Smurfs.
(Never leh, only maybe Mickey Mouse. I watched alot of Tom and Jerrys, I rmb)
You grew up brushing your teeth with a mug in Primary school during recess time. You would squat by a drain with all your classmates beside you, and brush your teeth with a coloured mug.
(Haha, I think have. Not drain la! So cheapskate one ah the school)
You hated or loved the school nurse (she was either pretty or mean).
(I kinda like and kinda don't like school dentist)
You know what SBC stands for.
(I don't know. What is it?)
You paid 40 cents for cartons of Chocolate or Strawberry milk every week in class.
(Haha I like Milo)
Everyone's wallet used to be the velcro type.
(Haha! YEP like primary 1 or 2 la)
It was cool to have pagers in primary school.
(HAHA, okay this one really for the 80s)
Envelopes were given to us to donate to Sharity Elephant every Children's Day.
(YEAH.)
You've probably read Young Generation magazine.You know who's Vinny the little vampire and Acai the constable.
(Haha I know I knooow!)
You know what PETS are and the hidden animals in all the text pages. You hated penmanship.
(Omg yes, I love PETS! I like penmanship.)
Writing lines and caning hands were common, esp if you failed chinese spelling.
(Hahaha, ya writing lines. Got caned a few times only im a good student :P)
Gals were fascinated by Strawberry Short Cake and Barbie Dolls.
(Not really. I like to play cooking and build house like the three little pigs with my brother. LOL!)
You learn to laugh like The Count in Sesame Street.
(I don't watch Sesame Street. They look quite scary)
You bought tidbits called beebee (20 cents per pack, 10 cents in MGS), and mamee (30 cents), that had a different sticker in it every time.
(Wo xi huan Mamee, even till now!)
Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, The Three Investigators, Famous Five and Secret Seven were probably the thickest story books you thought you would ever read.
(Haha I usually read Enid Blyton, all the stupid fairytales)
The most vulgar thing you said was asshole and idiot and THE MOST EXTREME WAS 'chicken pie'...you just couldn't bring yourself to say the hokkien translation.
(Hmmmm maybe that applys to Primary 1 to 3, lol!)
Catching and pepsi-cola was the IN thing, and twist was the magic word.
(Yes, and hop-scotch!)
Your English workbooks were made of some damn poor quality paper that was smooth and yellow.
(Ehhh not really)
You came to school 15 mins before the bell every morning just so you could copy someone's homework.
(Hahahahhaha :X)
CDIS was your best friend.
(CDIS is what?)
The only computer lessons in school involved funny pixellized characters in 16 colours walking about trying to teach you math.
(Don't remember)
Waterbottles were slung around your neck and a must everywhere you went.
(Those press one button then cap will flip open ones are cool ttm)
Girls played five stones and boys played with marbles.
(Wahhh like damn old, haha but I rmb I play five stones!)
Science was fun with the Balsam and the Angsana being the most important plants of our lives, guppies and swordtail being the most important fishes.
(Hahah fun meh?)
We conducted experiments of our own to get badges for being a Young Zoologist/Botanist etc.
(Yes yes, damn dumb)
You wore BM2000, BATA, or Pallas shoes.
(LOL, 80s)
Your form teacher taught you Maths, Science and English.
(YEP)
You went to school in slippers and a raincoat when it rained, and you find a dry spot in the school to sit down, dry your feet, and wear your dry and warm socks and shoes.
(Haha yeeeees!! Omg so paiseh)
There would be spelling tests and mental sums to do almost everyday (you hated them).
(Ya lor)
Your friends considered you lucky and rich if your parents gave you $2 or more for pocket money everyday.
(I think all these qns applys to like primary 1 to 3 only)
You saw Wee Kim Wee's face in the school hall.
(Who?)
Class monitors and prefects loved to say, "You talk somemore, I write your name ah!"
(Hahahahaa yup)
You got booked for muddy shoes in class.
(My shoes were always clean :D)
You brought every single book to school, even though there was a timetable.
(Haha, primary 1?)
There was a pro-yo/bumblebee, digimon craze at some point in time.
(I rmb digimon only, and pokemon.)
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|